Monday, January 31, 2005

so many things i want to write about...

so i'll just try to give a few sentences about each and promise to write more soon. i know you all think that i'm a liar. i guess i am cuz i keep saying i'll write more often. i think i might just start copying from my journal...

January 20th, DC, The Inauguration protests:
It was so strange, intense. okay, i cant write about this in just a few sentences, more later.

Sledding!!! i went sledding the other night with my roommates and it was SO much fun. Its sad that we let ourselves get far from the fun we had as children and letting ourselves do that as often as we need to. Sometimes i wonder what happened to me, i feel like i used to have more fun than i do now, its true, i dont prioritize it enough. I want to.

had a conversation with a good new friend lately. we talked about cynicism vs. hope. I want to be hopeful. I dont want to be so cynical. and we talked about love. how people shy away from that word and how it fuels some of us in the (activist) work we do and how important it is as fuel, as opposed to the fuel of hate that we feel some people have. Like that some people do this kind of work out of only hate, anger, rational reasoning, etc. and how its different for us and stuff...

"God has given you a spirit with wings on which to soar into the spacious firmament of Love and Freedom. Is it not pitiful then that you cut your wings with your own hands and suffer your soul to crawl like an insect upon the earth?" - Kahlil Gibran

This quote has been with me for a few weeks, but it really resonated with me this morning. I had a good weekend, then i had a really bad night last night. I let all of the things that i'm stressed and sad about hit me at once and i cried and then just slept. I let myself give in to the downward spiral, then i got disappointed in myself for doing so, such a bad cycle. but i woke up this morning to say, "today is a new day." Then i said, i dont want to crawl, i want to fly, i can fly.

gotta go, thats all for now. love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home