Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ahhh, NYC, I did miss you, though I do NOT take a moment back. Watching my nieces hug eachother, hugging and kissing them, watching them write in my journal, fighting with my parents, being out of touch with the rest of the world, all these things…simply reality and beautiful in their own ways. I accept and appreciate them. Lugging my four bags from La Guardia airport all the way to Bed-Stuy was NOT easy, it was also raining, but, I did fall in love with NYC again. All the people, their eyes, languages, NYC attitude, the subway, I LOVE the subway! SO many beautiful people in NYC, hmm!
But, I think it is time for me to be single right now, it has been a very long time since I’ve been really single, like 4 years! I just have so much stuff to do, partners take time! What I miss most about being in relationships is that “everyday love.” Yeah, I just made that up. I mean, someone you talk to every day, who knows pretty much everything about your day to day life (and cares), someone you can complain and dream with, someone to challenge you, someone to compliment you, someone to crawl in bed with at night, ahhh. This was not where I saw this entry going! Really, I miss having a best friend, one that is close geographically. But, I must acknowledge all the amazing friends I have who are not physically close to me. They continue to give to me and be wonderful friends, I hope that I can do a better job. Even friends that I have made and do not continue to keep in touch with, those people are always with me. People who have touched me become a part of who I am, who I want to be.
I have been working on my room for about an hour and a half now, before I took a break to do some work, then ended up writing waiting for a call. I feel good about organizing my room, it is good for my head I think. It will be easier to do the things I want to do. I don’t want to say that anymore though, “the things I want to do” I just want to start doing them. And I will!!! I’m so excited to be better, to be closer to who I want to be!!! Aight, gonna go sweep my floor! Wow, yeah, I’m serious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home